Publicly-listed cement manufacturing firm Eagle Cement Corporation (Eagle Cement) posted a 44% dip in net income to P3.4 billion, down from P6.0 billion in 2019, after a strong start in 2020 was disrupted by the implementation of lockdown measures in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic that began in mid-March of the year.
Jul 15, 2020
Eagle Cement Corporation’s 2020 Annual Stockholders’ Meeting (ASM)
In view of the Covid-19 global pandemic and to ensure the safety and welfare of our shareholders and participants, the meeting will be held virtually via Webex to be accessed only by registered participants and stockholders. Click link: https://bit.ly/3ev1Zqm
PROCEDURE FOR ATTENDING THE MEETING THROUGH REMOTE COMMUNICATION
- Stockholders of record as of June 1, 2020 who intend to attend the meeting through remote communication are requested to notify the Company and register by email to email@example.com not later than July 7, 2020 at 5 PM. Stockholders whose shares are lodged with brokers are requested to directly contact their respective brokers for guidance on their participation in the meeting.
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By online submission, go to https://bit.ly/EagleASM2020.
- For validation purposes, the email should contain the following information: (i) name; (ii) address; (iii) telephone number; and (iv) email address, and a scanned copy of any valid government-issued identification card (“ID”) with photo of the stockholder. Only the stockholders who have notified the Company of their intention to participate through remote communication as above-described and have been validated to be stockholders of record of the Company will be considered in computing stockholder attendance at the meeting, together with the stockholders attending through proxies.
- Unregistered stockholders may still attend the meeting by accessing the livestreaming link available at the Company’s website.
- Votes of all stockholders can only be cast through ballots or proxies submitted on or before July 7, 2020 at 5 PM. A sample of the ballot and proxy is included in the Information Statement. All ballots and proxies should be received by the Corporate Secretary on or before July 7, 2020 through the following means:
For an individual, his/her ballot or proxy must be accompanied by a valid government-issued ID with a photo. For a corporation, its proxy must be accompanied by its corporate secretary’s certification stating the representative’s authority to represent the corporation in the meeting. Validation of ballots and proxies will be on July 8, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. at the office of the Company’s Corporate Secretary.
- Shareholders may send their questions and/or comments prior to or during the meeting to email@example.com. Questions and comments may also be written in the space provided in the sample ballot/proxy form.
- The proceedings of the meeting will be recorded. Should you have questions or requests for clarification on the procedure for attending the annual stockholders’ meeting through remote communication, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2019 EAGLE Annual and Sustainability Report
- ASM recording
Due to the limited resources at this time due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, stockholders wishing to obtain printed copies of the 2020 Definitive Information Statement and 2019 Annual and Sustainability Report must signify their intent by notifying the Corporate Secretary through e-mail at email@example.com.